Saturday, June 15, 2013

It's all about me (Part 2)


Here we go...

First Baseball Moment: The year was 2010. The month: October. The event: the 2010 NLCS. This was when I really started to follow baseball and when I fell in love with the Phillies. Before that, all I remember of MLB is a brief pause from flipping channels in a hotel room to watch a little bit of a Cardinals-Astros game and seeing a game a Camden Yards. And then our fall vacation coincided with the NLCS, and the rest is history...so many great moments from that series. Most memorable: Jayson Werth's long throw from right field to third base to nab the super-villain named Cody Ross.

Best Live Baseball Moment: First visit to Nationals Park, Memorial Day 2011. Seats at field level on the third based side, right smack in the middle of Citizens Bank South. Doc on the mound, Rollins, Howard, Utley and Polanco in the lineup. Great game, lots of lead changes. Booed Werth, “Rauuuuuul-ed” for Ibanez (remember him?) . Sooooooo much fun!

Best Walk off Moment: Wilson Ramos’s three run homer in the bottom of the ninth to cap a five-run comeback by the Nats. One of the many Nats games I listened to in my bed that first year…

Best Baseball Moment: Can’t pick! Everything!!!!!!!!!!

ESPN or MLB.com?: MLB.com all the way. The At Bat App is amazing, even if I just have the free version. Yes, I know, I’m a cheapskate. But I’m also 15…

Favorite Ballpark Food: Soft Pretzels. That is all.

Radio or TV? We don’t have TV, so radio!

Favorite Baseball Blog: SweetSpot by David Schoenfield. So many good things…oh, and You Can’t Predict Baseball is hilarious.

Favorite Podcast: Well, it was Baseball Today…I listened to it religiously…until ESPN terminated it L. So now it’s a toss-up between Keith Law’s Behind the Dish, and the Fantasy Focus Baseball Podcast. Enjoy both J

Writers I look up to: Well, both of these two’s pieces are ESPN insider, and since I don’t have insider I can’t read them, Eric Karabell and Keith Law.  Yes, this is 2/3 of the old Baseball Today Crew.  These two have molded me as a baseball blogger so much, and I do really look uo to both of them! Maybe if any of you readers have Twitter, you can tweet this post to them! I would really appreciate it!

Well… that’s all for today! We’ll see if I drop something else this week. My Rays fan family is coming up from FL this week so I won’t have much time.

Sayonara!

~TBC

No comments:

Post a Comment