Saturday, April 6, 2013

And we're back!

The title says it all. I'm so pysched that baseball is back! Real count-in-the-standings, starters-play-for-the-whole-game baseball! From only four games I can tell that its going to be an adventure for sure! Here are some highlights and low-lights (not a word , I know :P ) from the past four games.

Highlights:

A. The Nationals top 3 is as good as advertised. After allowing only one run in the season opening series, it is clear that these three guys are one of the Nationals' biggest strengths. As an added bonus, they are all really good hitters (well, for pichers anyway). I would not be surprised if the staff combined for ~5 home runs this year!

B. Is Chase Utley Superman? As least that what I've been calling him :) I could be way overexaggerating, but I see a healthy Chase Utley being a huge factor on this team! Besides, who else are you going to rely on? Laynce Nix?

C. Wait WHAT? Since when did Roy Halladay strike people out like Aroldis Chapman or whoever else strikes a lot of people out? Doc's less than stellar performance had me desparately scrambling for postives, and luckily this just happened to pop up. I was shocked but pleased.

Lowlights:

A. Ryan Howard's short term memory loss. Did he forget everything he learned in spring training?????  Now he's back to swinging for the fences with every swing, and striking out half the time :/

B. The Nationals offence got off to a little bit of a slow start, with only 10 runs being scord over the first four games. Not to mention the debacle that was Dan Haren's debut last night...

And that is all for this week folks! I'll be back next weekend with another week to recap!

~TBC

No comments:

Post a Comment