Thursday, July 31, 2014

Trade Deadline Scorecard

So, I figured since I'm all always away right before the trade deadline (I am this year too, I'm writing this post before I leave), I never really give my opinions on anything that happens around that time. So...I thought that it would be fun to look back on the trades that the Phillies and the Nationals have made in the past three years and reminisce on the good old times...

2011: The Phillies trade for Hunter Pence from the Astros. Back story: Pence had just made a terrific throw from left field in the All-Star Game to help to NL to a win. His name had been linked to the Phillies in trade rumors before, and that moment made notice him. When the rumors intensified, I got really excited and I was so stoked when the trade finalized. It turned out to be a pretty good deal too...although Pence would be traded at the deadline the very next year. But it was a great year with Pence and I will always remember him as the most awkward player ever... :)

2012: This was the year the Phillies blew up their outfield by trading Pence and Victorino. At the time, I was annoyed, because I was attached to the team, and they had been so successful the year before, but in reality I know now that trading both of these guys was the best for the team and I am now prepared for any trades that may happen this year.  I also am pretty sure that this year was the year the Nats traded for Kurt Suzuki...which was not a bad move, because none of their catcher can stay on the field.

2013: I cant really remember what happened last year (oops). Must not have been anything major.

2014: Who knows?


~TBC

No comments:

Post a Comment