Friday, August 16, 2013

OUTRAGE!!!!!

Okay, it's rant time!

By now, most of you have probably heard the news that Charlie Manuel was fired as manager of the Phillies, less than month from completing what would have undoubtedly been his last season with the team anyway. This is a move that completely confused and quite frankly, really bothered me. This is the guy who lead this team to one of only two world series titles they can call theirs, not to say anything about the five consecutive division titles  from 2007-2011. You'd think the front office could think of a more respectful way to part ways with the man who lead one of the greatest Phillies teams of all time than dumping him mid-season. I don't care if they want Ryne Sandberg to get experience with the players (which he is getting being the third base coach, DUH!), this is a total disgrace to Charlie. Don't get me wrong, I've had my moments of frustration with Charlie, but I respect him enough to quietly let him so his own way at the end of the season.
This is the last straw for Rueben Amaro, at least in my book. I have been fed up with him for a while now, and I have had enough. Signing players like Ryan Howard to contract extensions multiple years before their previous contracts ended and making bone-headed moves like adding Delmon Young is bad enough, but totally disgracing the man who lead your team to the WORLD SERIES! loses all of my respect. Guys, it's not Charlie's fault that he has to play the Youngs and other player like them, it's the fault of the guy who put them on the team!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Amaro needs to go, ASAP!

That's enough of a rant for now :)

Charlie, know your are respected and your presence will be missed! Thanks for a great run!

~TBC

No comments:

Post a Comment