Friday, August 24, 2012

Showdown Part 2 (And The Rays)

Quick Recap: Phillies spilt the series with the Reds, Nats win series from Braves, good games all around!

So now that brings us to act two of this head-to-head showdown between my two favorite teams (At least while I've been running this blog!) So... now I'm conflicted. I always root for the Phillies, but if the Nats lose the division lead can shrink. I guess I wouldn't be super super angry with a Nats sweep, I would probably  be ecsatic if the Phillies sweep! (Again, all this is pending results of the Braves-Giants series in San Fran)
(GO GIANTS!)

Elsewhere in baseball:

The Big East: About 6 weeks ago, the consensus in baseball was that the Yankees would run away with this division. Even I grudingly conceded them the division title and started thinking about the Wild Card chances for the Rays. Once I really got back into the swing of baseball after my vacation, I realized that this race wasn't over. I'm so psyched that the Rays are now only 2.5 games back!!!!!!!! They probably feel that they can conquer anything after being about 10 out at this point last year! Anyway, Longoria is huge for this team and as long as he reamins healthy I think the Rays have really good shot at at least a Wild Card and even a chance at the division (And if they win, HA YANKEES!) GO RAYS!!!!!!

Ciao!

~TBC

No comments:

Post a Comment