Monday, June 9, 2014

I'm Back!

Well hello there! I realize that it's been forever since I posted anything on here and that the season has been going on for two months already, but with finals and AP exams and other projects I have just now been able to catch my breath :) Anyway, I really have no real structure in place for this post yet but we will see what happens.
So...on a road trip my family took recently I decided to download a whole week of baseball podcasts to my iPod and listened to them all in a row to try to get caught up on the happening around the game of baseball. I realize that I probably should have taken notes because now I forget what I was thinking then (yay for planning!) but I can think of a couple things of the top of my head (again, I totally plan every post ;)

1. Apparently Jose Fernandez of the Miami Marlins blew out his elbow and required Tommy John surgery. That is sad because Fernandez was one of my favorite new players last year and he had a real shot to be one of the best pitchers in the game this season. Luckily, most players recover from this surgery and some of the best pitcher in the game ( or may just half of the Nationals staff) have gone on to have great careers because of this. Also another Marlins note: Why are they actually good this year???????? Anyway, whenever I think of the Marlins beating the Phillies is immediately think of this:
And laugh...(by the way for those who don't understand the above it is Marlins president David Samson being voted off first on Survivor: Cagayan.)
In all seriousness, I'm not really sure what is going on with them and will have to investigate further but I think that it probably has to do with Giancarlo Stanton because he is a monster.

2. So now the Rays are terrible and have the worst record in baseball. Hm...thinking about it, at first this surprised me but then I realized that when the Rays are winning they are doing so with player who ardent supposed to be great but end up performing well. Basically, all that needs to happen for the Rays to have a bad year is for some of the gambles that they took this offseason to fail miserably and for some of there reliable players to get injured. My best guess is this is what happened this year.

Also, not surprised that the Phillies are pretty bad this year, but I'm wondering if there is anything in the farm system to make the situation better at all if not this year than next...my guess would be not. Oh well, at least the Nationals are tied for first.

And that's all!

~TBC

No comments:

Post a Comment