Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The Longest 6-8 weeks of My LIFE!

UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why did this have to happen! :(  I'm SOOOOO Mad!

Now that I've gotten that out of my system, let me explain. All day I've been anxiously awaiting the results of Roy Halladay's doctor visit after exiting his start on Sunday after two innings with shoulder soreness.  Turns out that I could have waited all day, all week, all month, or preferably, all season! Halladay, commonly known as Doc, has strained his right lat muscle and will miss 6-8 weeks.

Naturally, I was devastated by this news! Doc has been my favorite player since I started following the Phillies last season. I wear a Halladay shirt the day of his starts and I had become slightly depressed with the decline in performance this season. At least I now know the reason for the sudden slump, he has been pitching through pain all season.

You know what's strange, Mike Morse is recovering from a lat injury as well! Two of my favorite players taken down by lats! Morse was shut down for six weeks after his injury and I think that the Phils should be patient with Doc and do the same. They need a healthy Doc for a pennant race.

Well that's all I can say about that. Anyway, Get Well Soon Doc! All of your phans still think your the best!

Ciao!
~ TBC




No comments:

Post a Comment